Tuesday 27 September 2016

Wish Catching...

(my thanks to Mark Savage for the beautiful image.)



Thank you for your continued interest in my work...you know who you are.  The book will be finished in a couple of weeks, I'll cut that mother fracker off my back once and for all, & it'll be once more into the breach.  I have written something for shooting in the desert again, and that should be written up around the same time. If I'm going to go bonkers...I might as well take it all the way.  
RIP HST.



It's funny...I keep thinking I am going to meet with Brian Grazer, and we are going to make movies together.  It's a strange, persistent vision alright, and I just can't seem to shake it.  

It's a fine line between visualization and utter delusion.  I need to be careful...next thing I know, I'll be waving a copy of 'Catcher' around and trying to impress Jodie Foster by whacking someone important, so I'd best be vigilant.  

Visualization is new age speak for prayer; it's what we do when we are desperate for something, and for whatever reason, we have not been able to make it so.  So we beseech to the heavens, the universe... whatever you want to call it.  Children do it; they pray to god, and if it doesn't work out, they cry salty tears and shit their nappies.  Some adults never grow out of this habit. You keep wishing and praying enough, eventually you will drive yourself batty, and wind up in the booby hatch.  You can shit yourself all you like in there, let me tell you.  The new age has a hard time recognizing insanity; it's as if it doesn't exist.  Most new agers are just a little bit nuts...just as all artists are.  But...there is nuts, and completely stark bollock fucking delusional, and sadly, the really loopy don't know the difference.  They can't.  It's what the affliction is all about...the inability to see things as they are.  As they truly are, not as we imagine, or wish them to be. 

Delusional people are merely children who have never grown up, thinking that their dreams will come true, wishing upon a star, white knights and happy endings.  And yet...Hollywood tends to attract madness, & even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day, so...I guess you just never know. Crazy, freakish, outlandish things happen all the time- I just wouldn't bet the farm on them. You just never know who or what will rise to the surface in this crazy world.  The director of Barfly threatened to cut his finger off if the financiers did not give him enough dough to shoot it.  I'm still not sure why they cared...most studio execs want to see a little blood.  I thought they would find it funny.  Maybe they thought he was just crazy enough to cut a few digits off, then start gouging away at some exec flesh.  Who knows...it's a madhouse out there, and Hollywood is the hub.  

Your dreams might come true, but for the most part, dreaming does not get it done.  There is also a lot of blood, sweat and tears.  And even then...

It is said, you should keep the heart of a child.  'Fresh young minds', etc.  I don't know; dabbling with hanging onto childish things is a risky business, especially if your childhood was tormented.  It can so easily turn to shit, & then you are fucked. You can be as childish as you like, then...

sleeping like a baby on the nickel, over there...



here's to...maturity. 

Reality is no bargain, I'll grant you, but neither is the alternative...


No comments:

Post a Comment