Tuesday 25 October 2016

Analogue Jammin'...

So, I went into the Video Store (yes, we still have a video store in town, these backwater towns might have back water people in them who stick to backwater ways...but there is nothing wrong with that.) & I picked up a copy of Mad Max Fury Road. 

Bluray 3D. 
 
I don’t care about 3D- I never really did.   Just one of those gimmicks that wore off for me- I just want to see the story.
 
I don't need the bastard in my lap. 
 

So I get it home, and it doesn’t play on my brand new Bluray player. Apparently I need a 3D player AND a 3D TV.

I remember thinking, ‘I sure miss video. One format, that’s it.’ I don’t like a lot of choices.  Sure, you get great features with bluray and DVD, and great image quality, but I really feel like, in this day and age of downloading anything off the computer, and I mean ANYTHING...I kind of miss the days when it was not possible to get EVERYTHING your heart desires. 
 
I miss video shops. I miss tapes. 

I miss drive ins.
 
I have an analogue brain in a digital world, and even that is getting a bit patchy- fuzzy, like a shitty old VHS tapes, starting to shed, losing it's clarity, jamming in the machine...
 
Wrinkled, ready for the chuck...  

You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

Then I think about all the life I have wasted on bullshit.  Yikes.  I'm not going to bang on about it- I can feel myself getting dull these days;  I'm almost done. 
 
But all this stuff in my brain, about the things I've missed, the things I have lost, regrets...

I blame 3D for all this nonsense. Getting me all riled up about stuff I can't fix if I want to.  

Waste of valuable life.   
 

It’s official; I am now a grumpy old bastard. 
 
 
HOWEVER...I do know this; I'm not alone.  AND...like hacking into your disc machine to make it region free, you CAN hack into happiness, contentment, fulfilment, meaning. 
 
You just need the right code.
 
THAT MUCH this old analogue brain knows.
 
 
You just gotta' find that access code...
 
And you're in.  
 
 
We were all born with a chance. 
 
 
And every single one of us has that chance...
 
 
To hack in.  Turn on.
 
 
 
Drop in... 
 
 
 
Again.    

 









No comments:

Post a Comment