Monday 31 October 2016

Madness & Fury On the Road

I just caught up with "Mad Max Fury Road".  (I'm old and slow, whaddya want!) 

Wow.   What a mess.   But then, I realised, it's not made for me; it's a kids movie.   Plus, as I was watching the intro, I realised, the older I get, the less need I have for voiceover.

THAT is for kids as well- kids who haven't figured shit out yet.   It walks you through things, and the older you get, the less need you have for it. So, it's a generational thing, I guess. 

All of it. 

PLUS...the original Mad Max; there will never be another. 

I cannot let that go. 

So, to re-make the early ones?   I may well ask why, but I guess the answer is, as always, CASH.   Because this certainly didn't add much to the mythology. For me, it detracted. 

Maybe I'm too hung up on this evolving business, and should just stay the same, like Mad Max and George Miller and Batman & McDonalds & all the rest of it. 

But I CAN'T. 

At least Mad Mel has moved on...or at least, is trying to. 


I have to respect at least ATTEMPTS to evolve...


& Fury Road did the job for the kids, but did nothing for the adults. 

But then, of course, there are many other movies out there that ARE for the grown ups.

Or the wannabe grown ups. 


So...

Goodbye  Fury Road...goodbye Max, goodbye Rambo, and hello...


A place that is better than the movies.  

Life.



Who's in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment