Thursday 19 January 2017

Ones and Twos...


I always liked Mr. Obama.

Sure, his administration wasn't all beer and skittles, but lets face it...he's up there with the best of them.

I just felt...safe knowing he was in the chair.

In charge. The Boss. The Head Man. Top Dog. Big Cheese. Head Honcho. Numero Uno.

Sorry.

I'm overcome with...a strange kind of sadness.

I don't have access to any of the Intelligence agency recording of all the sayings and doings in the White House (I still can't get over that...HAH!! 'White House!), but for the most part, I think he was a pretty fair and decent man.

I don't know the ins and outs of Obamacare...


I know some liked it...some did not.

It's not for me to comment, as a foreigner.

I think all health care should be gratis.

Anyway...I just...thought he was a nice fellow. And a breath of fresh air, after that previous toss pot.

I don't give a good goddamn that Obama was a smoker, I don't need to see his birth certificate, & I don't care that his name sounded like he was the King of All Things Terror.

& the first lady...MAN. She was foxier than 'Coffy'.


I have to say...I liked him, & now...I like him about a thousand times more now than I did when I first saw him, in that motorcade driving along Pico- I think it was just near the LaBrea tar pit- a few years back.

I saw him...& I just knew...

things were going to be OK for a little while.


But now?

It stuns me to think of the amount of hatred and vitriole being launched at him on his way out the door, like all the rednecks have gathered to pelt him with specially prepared cowpats they been saving just for this day. I hate to introduce a turd into the cereal bowl at this juncture...

but is it at all possible some Americans just don't like black people?


No comments:

Post a Comment