Wednesday 4 January 2017

The Strangest thing...


A sick human is one thing, but a sick animal? I mean...you just feel so helpless. & I reckon it might be worse when they are so tiny and helpless. She's shaking and shivering and whatnot...I just had to find a reason to get out. Just for a cup of coffee. It's pretty intense. Now...I am not looking for sympathy...never had it, wouldn't know what to do with it if you gave it to me...(and if you are not an animal person and you are a much harder bastard than I am...don't read this next bit). 

Friends...I tell you...it's just a bird, but I am fighting with everything I have not to weep like a...thing that is well known for weeping. A willow? Maybe not. It's a bit like...for the most part, most days, I am able to keep it together...I have the writing, I have my little routines, but today? I feel like I'm going to drop all my shit like a...fellow that carries shit then drops it. Does this make sense? I guess about half of it does. Does funny things to you...this kind of sadness. 

I think this feels like it might be a lesson in empathy...punishment for some of my wilder deeds. 

Or not.  Feel free to kick the shit out of me for being pathetic...you are well justified, and today is the day to do it...because I haven't the strength to defend myself. 

I really think I feel a little bit of what she is feeling...

can you believe that?

Isn't it the strangest thing??

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment