Wednesday 19 April 2017

Take the Plunge


I was asked by a teenager a few days ago what I felt the key to success was.  (asking me that is like asking the pope for his position on felching, but anyway...I knew the boy- and had done for some time- so wasn't going to blow him off.  so to speak.) 

I thought...do I mumble something about Nietzsche and staring into abysses?  Quote Blade Runner, lights burning brightly but briefly, & so on?  

& then this came out.  It just...fell out.  Just like my little willie used to, fall out of my summer jammies as a little kid...you know the ones with the opening in front?

I said,

'You are young.  Full of piss and vinegar.  You gotta' get out there and do it.  Hunt it down like a wild pig. 

ALL that is true. 

But there is one other thing; once you start... there's no turning back.  It's like the fish hook thing...you get a hook in your finger?  You have to keep pushing it through the skin and out the other side, then cut the barb off; you can never pull back.  

you pull out hallway in, yr sunk. 

You've got to ram & keep ramming until you break through that hymen of self actualisation.'

I may have gone too far with the end thing.  I don't have a handbreak; I never got married.  

Anyway...it wasn't all that pretty, but it felt true to me.  And he nodded, like he knew what I was talking about. 

I forgot to talk down to him...tidy it up for general consumption.

I probably turned him into some kind of rapist.

But I may have also saved his arse.

You can never know with kids, can you??  

No comments:

Post a Comment