Tuesday 18 April 2017

The Umpire Strikes Back


To those kind souls who are waiting on the book to be finished...some of you have even said you 'can't wait to read it'... well, you honour me.  The thing is...it just keeps growing.  & I can't call it my 'book' anymore...I am pretty sure it is at least THREE books and rising.  At the rate I'm going...it's looking like another... three books on top of the original three.  I mean...I have enough material for a fourth book.  And beyond.

Now...I'm not a Star Wars fan...I mean, I liked the first three when I was a kid, but one grows out of them.  Or at least...some of us do.  I don't mean to put shit on them...but...Jar Jar?  Really? 

Anyway, my point is...I think Lucas' sense of structure was interesting.  I think there were nine of them in the initial series, and now there are more.  I believe he had that notion right from the starting hooter. 

I also think the general feeling is that he stretched the concept beyond it's limits.  

I would hate to do that...but atm?

My shit is looking like some kind of fucked up epic.

I'm not writing the book as much as it is writing itself.  All I can do is stand back and watch it unfurl.

I would love to take a break...truly I would...I am buggered beyond belief at this point...& if it wasn't for this blog...I would have no idea what my name was. 

But I can't really stop.  

When you tap in...you owe it to yourself to keep going. 

thanks again for your kindness and support.  I can't tell you how much it means to me... 

Love your life.  I quite like mine...
       

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment