Tuesday 15 November 2016

A Moveable Peace...




I guess it's a bit of a Moveable Feast.


Like I have said before, I don't know it all.

I'm not sure I know anything.


I don't agree with Trump voters; trouble is, you can't just write then off if they happen to be your friends...some of them are lovely people.

Forget that crap about 'if I delete them, defriend them, then I am no better than them, and the terrorists win, etc etc'...it's not that simple.

We are trying to find some common ground here, and lumping people into camps like this won't help. It's about...trying to understand.  & that can be a lifelong thing.

Especially with some people, like those who voted for Trump.


I put it down to some kind of specific insanity.

It's like christians; most reasonable intelligent people know that to believe in imaginary men in the sky is childish, or mad.  The madhouses are full of people who have been raped by priests and now think they are Jesus, as if somehow believing in the one thing that betrayed them will set them free from their cage of madness.  Hair of the black dog?


My point is...some of these Christians are actually really lovely people, despite their insane beliefs. They don't hammer you with it, or go on with a lot of zombie crap from the good book...

they let you do your thing.

They are kind, compassionate, and understanding.

I get angry about religion and how much it has hurt so many people- not just me.

But they listen patiently, & don't judge.

Remember...some of these religious freaks shun unbelievers like you are the devils' fuck buddy.  I don't believe in the devil either- he's just another imaginary dude- except apparently he's underground.  Far as I'm concerned, there is no devil worse than man at HIS worst.

But some Christians freak out if they think you are playing for Satans first eleven, and they drop to their knees and pray for you, or they pour scorn on you.


Some of them will stand outside abortion clinics and shoot you.

    
Some fundamentalist will bomb other humans for their god.

It's madder than mad.
  

But some Christians?   They are infuriatingly decent.


No matter how I feel about God and Jesus and whatnot...


there is no denying some of these people who are perpetually, endlessly irrevocably and inexorably kind and decent.  No matter how mad their belief system.



It's tricky; it's a real challenge keeping friendships with people who believe impossible things before breakfast, but some of them are really worth it.


I guess...I have to put it down to the fact that no one really knows.

Trump got in...so I guess other equally mad things might be true,.


There might be a giant bearded dude in the sky who likes watching us suffer.

Not my kind of god...but I guess in the end, you keep hanging in there with these people, in the hope that you can ignore their madness, and focus on their strengths and gifts.

Some people are very hard to quit.


I know people have been very patient with me...so not to give a little of the same back seems a bit selfish and disingenuous.


If they become toxic, and they start making you sick...


then you have to cut them loose.


But just short of that?


I guess some things are worth holding onto.


It's a kind of peace...

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment