Thursday 3 November 2016

By any other name...




Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be one of those guys who like flowers, but I appear to be one of those guys now.

Something very scary has happened to me.

I seem to be able to spot beauty without any trouble at all.

I saw these flowers from a mile off. I must be quite super.

This is a pretty cool trick, spotting beauty. It has taken me years to develop the skill, & now I have it- I'm going to make the most of it. & it seems to me...

of the list of beautiful things in the world, flowers are somewhere near the top of the list.

I always knew ladies liked flowers, & I had occasion to hand them out, every once in a while.

It does something to them, like champagne, chocolates, and oysters.

It makes them more amenable; & when you see a lady in this state- it tends to have the same effect on you. I wasn't raised knowing this- I had to learn it over a long period of time.

Where I come from, is a 'rural' area, known as Hell. & in Hell, I was raised to understand that men and women yell at each other, and hit each other.

It actually turns out, this is not a good thing at all.

So...I had to learn to like things such as beauty, and peace, and love, and what have you.


Back to the flowers.


It turns out...it is actually OK for boys to like flowers too.


Not just ladies.


This flower is, I believe, called a 'rose'.

Roses are many colors, but this one is red.

People plant roses, because they are beautiful, they make people happy, & they give them an artificial sense of hope for the future.


Someone once said, 'gardening is an act of faith in the future'.

This faith might be justified- or it might be a load of old fertilizer.


It might just be something we tell ourselves.

People who love roses tend to believe in the former, rather than the latter.


Something about a rose...makes them feel better about themselves & their fellow man.


& that's OK by me...



Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment