Tuesday 15 November 2016

Zut Allure...


It's funny...there are some things...in fact a lot of things...that can ONLY be satisfactorily expressed in French.  

I love 'De Rigeur', for example, and I have looked for another word in English to match the feeling of what I am trying to say, but only the actual French language can nail it.  

I don't know if the French are nice people or not- I have never been there; I guess there are good and bad all over, and I try not to buy into that generalisation going round that French are rude people.  

It's a bad penny, & I want no part of it.  

I know the French speaking people in Montreal were lovely. And if you love the language, then Montreal is certainly the place to go if you can't get to France. 



I took this pic near my accommodation in St Catherine, on the good side of Saint Lawrence River. (you better like saints if you want to stay in Montreal- they are everywhere!)  

I don't know what it says, I haven't looked it up. I'm not sure I want to. 

I just think it's beautiful.

& sometimes...


part of the Zut Allure is not knowing...  

No comments:

Post a Comment