Wednesday 15 February 2017

日本刀 nihontō


Ever come to a point where a big big BIG project finally comes to fruition? Inexplicably and miraculously it just seems to be gelling...& you can't quite believe it?? You knock a few last chunks off here and there, like Rembrandt, and you take a few steps back...you tip toe around it, being careful not to knock it over, in case you were actually wrong, and you are worried one false move might bugger it all up? Knock it to the floor, & it will shatter in a million pieces? It's equal parts fear, and complete disbelief that something I have been working on for most of my adult life is finally...finally...oh jesus...shhhh....just shh...

no, wait a second...fear is the LAST thing I want to feel. I'm TIRED of fear. Enough is enough. I'm going back in there, and I'm gonna' knock it over a few times. I'm going to knock that bastard off it's pedestal.

I think it's finally tough enough; and so am I.

I've been tiptoing around this precious mother fucker for long enough. It's a bit like... those dudes who work on a samurai sword for years. They fold the coarse metal over and over again, hammer the shit out of it, douse it in cold water, repeat the process over and over...until it is done.

They do this...so the fucker is too tough to break.

The book and I...we have been through the same process. It was like a battle...between the two of us.

I cannot fear it any longer...now it is almost beaten.

Maybe it's just a question of changing how I look at it.

& me.

This 'aint no fine bone china, my friends, this...


is tempered fuckin' steel...


& when the man and the blade are both as tough as one another...It's time to call a truce, make friends, and take the battle outside.


Just the two of us.


It's time to rock 'n' roll.



No comments:

Post a Comment