Sunday 12 February 2017

The Shining.


Funny who you bump into; this dude sold me my first car... back in the...I guess it was the Nixon administration. He worked with my old man.

He asked me how dad was, and it just came out. I said 'he drunk himself to death in a horror show even Steven King could not imagine.'

Arthur shook his head. 'I heard he liked a drink'.

Yes, you could say that.

I always liked Arthur, and his wife Norma. Salt of the earth. Even as a kid, I knew they were special. I haven't seen them since then. It's a curious and beautiful feeling to see someone after all that time...him and his wife haven't changed. They just have this light around them...they 'shine'.

I used to shine. So did dad.

I guess the trick is to figure out a way to go the distance, without letting anyone or anything steal that 'shine'.


Shine on, crazy diamonds...

No comments:

Post a Comment