Friday 16 December 2016

A Happy Accident


This gorgeous creature just happened to fly into my frame as I was shooting the ocean.

I love a happy accident.


I was on a friends wall the other day, and she posted something about her daughter getting into film school.  She was very proud, and she had every right to be.


She is a hard working single mum, and a great writer.

She inspires me, as do most single mums trying to make a go of it.


I thought I would post this quotation on her wall...

    "God bless the single mum. These women who surrender the so called 'security' of a family that isn't working, in order to go it alone. This is a Sisyphean task. Single mums are heroes. Women who truly love their children, and who have the courage to say 'no way’ to a situation that is not healthy…all I can say is...this child in the adult body wants to say...to these brave single mums...indeed, ANY parent TRYING to build a healthy relationship with their children...Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU."

Now...I always thought this quotation was Terence McKenna.  Whenever I have referred to it over the years, I always attributed it to him.  There was his name, under the passage. 
  

So...I looked the quotation up on the internet last night, just to confirm my source.  


Nothing.  No record of him saying this.  


So...I went back over all my notes and all the files that contained this quotation, going right back to...god...five years ago at least.  And I found out who the author was.  



It was me.  

Now there is quite a bit wrong with this state of affairs...there are about 17 things wrong with it, top of the list being my memory is shot.  My notes are in disarray, I cannot verify my sources...blah blah blah...but there is one thing right with it.  


And that is at least one person thinks I am quotable.  

And that person is me.  


Michelle is a busy writer with her own work- she will never read this, and the quote will disappear in the sands of time like tears in rain.  

& other mixed metaphors...I love mixing it up!



But it is nice to know...that there are people like her in the world. 


I am glad I could thank her, and acknowledge her. 



& I am glad I could do it in words that even I was happy with.   



Life is good.  



Peace and gratitude...


J

No comments:

Post a Comment