Monday 19 December 2016

The Wrong Book...


I bought a literary anthology this morning from the thrift store called "Growing Up Gay/Growing Up Lesbian".  As I said recently, I'm not queer, but I find stories of young people battling with the dilemmas of confronting their sexuality very interesting.

In fact, I find any stories of any people battling any thing interesting. 

Why else do we read, but to hear about the struggles of others, and how they overcome them??


Anyway, none of this would even come up, except when I took the book to the counter to buy it, the shopkeeper looked at me as if I were a mad person, handed me back the book disdainfully and took my money, shaking her head. 


I didn't even engage.  Small towns, eh?  

I was going to post something this week about how glad I am that bigotry is becoming a thing of the past.  I think I might revise that.
  

Wouldn't you think we'd have moved on from this?  

Yes...it was a Christian shop.  

The Salvation Army. 

  
Guess I shouldn't be surprised...hateful religious bullshit.


Why were they selling it if they didn't like me buying it??



That's religion for you...drives some people mad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment