Tuesday 6 December 2016

Dry Goods.

One last thing...

So, I was walking out of the store, & I saw one of those trestle tables set up with two guys selling raffle tickets for...something or other, I didn't notice.

I stopped because I figured, well, it is the season to be jolly, and what is jollier than a feckin' Xmas hamper?  Which was the first prize.


So, I sashayed over pointed at the prize, and asked the younger dude, "So, is this going to hamper my style??"  Not much of a whimsy I grant you, but a whimsy nonetheless.


He looked at me, then looked back at his older mate, who was sitting there stunned like a mullet, looking like I just dropped a hot log into his crunchy granola.

A very dry and dusty reception.


The younger one tittered, guffawed and chortled politely, and after an awkward silence, I got out my shiny dollar and bought a ticket.


I felt they had earned it.


So, you see?  It's not just you who has to put up with my bullshit.


Innocent guys on the street trying to do good deeds have to as well...


so you're not alone...




hah.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment