Sunday 18 December 2016

“The Real Deal”


“The Real Deal”

 

I want to marry Kim Deal.

 

That’s all I ever really wanted to do. 

The rest is just white noise.

Played on an invisible bass.

In an empty auditorium.

 

I think that is what is wrong with me- I live in a state of perpetual dissatisfaction…

because I can’t marry Kim Deal. 

We want most what we can’t have…& in a way , we, all of us, the vast army of human beings who want to marry Kim Deal…

We have this emptiness inside, & we try to fill it with all sorts of things…

That are not Kim Deal. 

 

Drugs, alcohol, possessions…art…

 

All to kill the pain of not being with Kim Deal.

 

And it just doesn’t work. 

 

One day I will die, and I will wake up, & get to do it all over again.

The Buddhists believe…when we die, if we didn’t marry Kim Deal, we are reborn, and we can try to do it all over again.

 

Each time, inching a little closer to tying the knot with the bass player for the Pixies.

 

We keep coming back, & we keep trying to marry Kim Deal.

Again and again…

 

It never ends…

This endless cycle.

 

Until we finally wed Kim Deal.

        

& then…everything is OK again.

 

We come full circle…

 

& it all makes sense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment